- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 1 c. mashed ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray 12 regular muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the buttermilk, mashed bananas, oil, egg, and vanilla.
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups; filling about 3/4 full.
6. Sprinkle tops evenly with nuts.
7. Bake until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, approx. 15-20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
Shared by Betty Carlson