Photo Credit: PinchofYum.com
PICKLED RED ONIONS
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ c. rice vinegar
- Pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar
- 1 packed cup each cilantro and parsley
- 1/4 cup each water and olive oil
- 1/4 c. cashews or sunflower seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- juice of 2 limes
- 16 oz. brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- salt and olive oil
- 8 oz. frozen corn
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- lime juice, salt, and olive oil
- small corn or flour tortillas, black beans, avocado, feta cheese
Pickled Red Onions:Combine the ingredients for the pickled onions in a jar and add water to cover if needed. Cover and place in the fridge to pickle while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Chimichurri: Hit up the food processor or blender and pulse all the ingredients together until smooth- place in fridge until ready to serve.
Brussels Sprouts: Saute the brussels sprouts and taco seasoning with a little olive oil and salt until softened.
Corn: Saute the corn and jalapeño with some salt, olive oil, and lime juice. Let the corn sit in the hot pan, undisturbed, for a few minutes to get that roasty, charred thing going on.
Time to Eat: Scoop the brussels sprouts into a tortilla, top with the corn, pickled onions, any other toppings you want (like avocado, black beans, etc.), sprinkle on some feta and drizzle with the chimichurri. Enjoy!