This recipe comes to us from a food blog- PinchofYum.com
This salad is pretty, crunchy, filling, and very tasty!
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil – very important for flavor!
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- a few shakes of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or mayo, optional
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups carrots, matchstick-cut or shredded
- 1 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c. sliced green onion
- 2 c. cooked edamame, optional
- 1-2 c. roasted cashews (regular or spicy)
- 2 c. crunchy chow mein noodles
- chicken, shrimp, or any other protein you like
- Shake the dressing ingredients up in a jar until smooth. Add the Greek yogurt or mayo (optional – just makes it more creamy – add more or less, to taste) and shake again until smooth. YUM.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together. Drizzle with dressing and serve!