This recipe was recommended to us by Stacey Greenside of www.staceygreenside.org, one of our guest speakers at an Employee Wellness Lunch in 2018!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb. bacon, cut into small strips
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cashew milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Poke holes in spaghetti squash and bake for 1 hour or until browned on the outside. Cut in half, scoop out seeds, put squash in greased baking pan.
2. On medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Set aside. Reserve some of the bacon grease and saute onion and garlic, then add artichokes, chicken, spinach, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the bacon back in.
3. Add the chicken mixture to the spaghetti squash. Combine the whisked eggs, heavy cream, and cashew milk and mix it all together.
4. Bake for one hour or until the top forms a slight crust. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.