This recipe isn’t crazy healthy, but it’s also not crazy UN-healthy, so we’re gonna go with it. If you want something that is minimal work with maximum flavor, we’ve got you covered. This Tuscan Chicken is perfect for cold, wintery days when you need some major comfort food.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 3/4 c. chicken broth/stock
- 3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 c. fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1. Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add oil and let heat up.
2. Add garlic and saute until fragrant (about 1 minute).
3. Add cream and chicken stock. Bring to a gentle simmer and turn to low – let simmer 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, whisk in the Parmesan cheese, a little at a time, until smooth.
Set Up Crockpot:
5. Place chicken thighs in bottom of crockpot.
6. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper.
7. Top with the sun-dried tomatoes.
8. Pour sauce over chicken and turn crockpot on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
9. Add chopped spinach and let rest until spinach is wilted.
10. Serve alone or on a bed of rice, pasta, etc.