- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- Optional- add whatever additions you might like, some people add 2 Tablespoons of cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons butter with 1⁄2 cup cut up apple, or dried fruit is good, too (raisins, prunes, apricots, dates)
1. Place all ingredients in a 2 quart slow cooker. If you want to make a smaller amount,
use a smaller crock pot or crockette.
2. Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours overnight.
3. In the morning, you might want to add a little more water to get it to the consistency you like.
4. Serve with desired toppings, such as nuts, milk/cream, maple syrup, brown sugar, butter, or raisins.
Makes 2-4 servings.
(Steel-cut oats are available by the pound in bulk at the co-op. DO NOT substitute old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats.)
Shared by Sue Ellen Moore