- 1 (15 oz.) can pureed pumpkin
- 1 2/3 c. soy milk (or other non-dairy milk substitute; such as coconut milk)
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Gather the ingredients.
- Using a blender or food processor, combine the pumpkin, soy milk (or another non-dairy milk substitute), cornstarch and molasses and process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and place over medium to low heat. Allow the mixture to simmer over medium-low heat until thickened, which will be about 6-8 minutes. You’ll want to keep an eye on it and stir it occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, and process again until well combined. If you don’t have a blender or food processor, you can use a whisk or a manual egg beater for this.
- After 6 to 8 minutes, transfer to individual serving cups and chill until set and firm, at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe shared by Melissa Boyle from Catering